- Castle Creations
- MAMBA X, 25.2V WP ESC, 8A PEAK BEC, DATALOGGING
MAMBA X, 25.2V WP ESC, 8A PEAK BEC, DATALOGGING
MAMBA X, 25.2V WP ESC, 8A PEAK BEC, DATALOGGING
VERSATILITY, RELIABILITY AND PERFORMANCE.
We at Castle wanted to address three main concepts while designing a new ESC for the modern-day RC enthusiast; VERSATILITY, RELIABILITY, and PERFORMANCE. These are the pillars of the Mamba X design and the driving forces behind the feature-packed controller.
The Mamba X is extremely versatile, capable of powering a wide variety of applications ranging from 2S to 6S and vehicles ranging from 1/10th scale to 1/8th scale*. Whether you are racing at the track with your 2wd buggy, bashing through mud puddles in your SCT or monster truck, or navigating a hardcore crawling excursion, this controller raises the bar to a whole new level. Pair with a Castle 4-POLE 12-SLOT SENSORED MOTOR to provide precise throttle control and buttery smooth starts!
ESCs have a tough life - landing extreme jumps, experiencing accidental collisions, and splashing through the occasional puddle. As R/C enthusiast themselves, Castle engineers understand this and designed the Mamba X to endure these situations and power through them. It is housed in a rugged CNC-machined aluminum case and then potted in waterproof epoxy. This not only protects the electronics but ensures any heat generated in the controller can easily be dissipated through the case.
The Mamba X integrates a powerful 8A adjustable BEC into a high-performance speed control that can push the most extreme 1/10th scale setups and 1/8th race buggies. Smart-Sense™ allows you to take advantage of smooth, cog-free, and predictable sensored starts and improved throttle response keeps you ahead of the competition.
The Mamba X is proudly designed and manufactured in Olathe, Kansas and is backed by Castle Creations’ 1-year warranty and unparalleled ‘make-it-right’ customer support. Call us, email us, or walk in our front door – we’re here to help.
- FEATURES:Wide 2s-6s input voltage range for powering a wide variety of applications
- Sensored, Sensorless and SmartSense™ Running Modes
- Brushless and brushed motor operation
- Powerful Integrated 8A Peak Adjustable BEC (5.25V-8.0V)
- Data logging capability to capture and record performance data from your vehicle
- Auxiliary wire functionality for "on-the-fly" adjustments using your transmitter
- Compatible with S.BUS2 Telemetry Link and Futaba T4PX and T7PX transmitters
- Convenient transmitter programming for six common adjustable settings including cutoff voltage and drag brake
- Dial in ESC settings, update ESC firmware and view data logs with Castle Link USB programming kit (coupon for USB adapter included with purchase, Castle Link software located here)
- Optional smartphone-based programming, firmware updates and data log viewing with the B-LINK™ Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately) and Castle Link software for iOS or Android (free download)
- ESC is housed in a rugged CNC aluminum case and potted in waterproof epoxy to protect the electronics and promote efficient heat transfer
- Waterproof design for all weather conditions
- Factory equipped thermally controlled (and removable) 30mm cooling fan
- 12 AWG high strand count silicone coated copper power wires
- Integrated Capacitors and 4mm Bullet Connectors add durability in extreme conditions
- Audible Alerts and LED Alerts for easy diagnoses of common issues such as motor-over-temperature and low-voltage cutoff
- ROAR and RECON 6 Certified ESC
MAMBA X ESC COMES WITH:
- Mamba X ESC with Sensor Harness
- Coupon for free Castle Link USB
- Mamba Decals
- Driver's Ed Guide/ Quick Start Guide
*In 1/8th scale setups, the Mamba X is intended to be used for off-road racing in buggies weighing up to 9 lbs (including batteries and ready-to-run). In these 1/8th scale racing setups, the Mamba X should be run at 4S Lipo (16.8V) max and is recommended to be paired with the Castle 1512-1800Kv (P/N: 060-0062-00) or Castle 1515-2200Kv (P/N: 060-0063-00) motor, with appropriate gearing only.
Input Voltage Range:MIN: 2S LiPo MAX: 6S LiPo (25.2V)
BEC Specifications:Adjustable: 5.5V, 6.0V, 7.5V. or 8.0V (8A Peak), default 5.5V
Operating Environment:Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment.
Reversible:Yes, but may be disabled for racing.
Cooling Fan:Yes, factory equipped (30mm), fully removable** (see Product Use Statements below)
Size:Length: 2.14" (54.4mm)
Width: 1.39" (35.2mm)
Height: 1.18" (30.0mm)
Weight (with wires):3.56 oz. (101g)
Connectors:4.0mm female bullets for motor connection.
Items Needed for Operation:Battery Connector required, Castle 6.5mm Polarized Connectors, Castle 4.0mm Polarized Connectors, Traxxas® Power Connectors, or Deans® Ultra Plugs are recommended.
Product Use Statements:*Although Mamba X is waterproof, it is not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. Always rinse the ESC and motor with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. While the motor and controller may be waterproof, we suggest users confirm that the rest of their vehicle, including the batteries, servos, radio and chassis are also waterproof before exposing them to liquids of any kind.
**The cooling fan must be removed prior to driving in wet conditions. It is not waterproof.
Application Guidelines: Intended for up to 6S (25.2 Volt) operation in vehicles weighing less than 7lbs;1/8 scale buggies up to 9lbs/4kg (4s MAX)
Recommended Motors: Castle 1406, 1410 and 1415 Sensored motors and some 15 series for e-buggy setups
Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: Less than 9lbs/4kg, with batteries, ready-to-run
Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free link included in package) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software, or the Castle Link App and a B-LINK Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately).
Telemetry Link Capable:Yes
- Mamba X setups frequently hit 100+ amps in peaks and not all LiPos are created equal. Surge ratings should never be used to determine a pack's suitability for a brushless application. Recommended battery capacity for 1:10th and 1:8th scale vehicles is 5000mAh. We recommend using 30C continuous discharge or higher LiPo batteries (or high quality 25C batteries such as Traxxas® Power Cell).
- Our experience suggests using only mild gear ratios with NiMH cells. Do not attempt to use NiMH cells in extreme setups.
- Applying voltages higher than 25.2V will cause irreparable damage to ESC.
- We recommend a high-current connector designed for high-powered electric systems, rated for 70+ amps. Invest in connector sets made for high-powered electric systems such as our Castle 6.5mm Polarized Connectors, Castle 4.0mm Polarized Connectors, Traxxas® Power Connectors, or Deans® Ultra Plugs